- What is the Alabama Festival at Sea?
- What does the price of Alabama Festival at Sea include?
- Are there discounts for children?
- How do I make a reservation?
- What information will I need to book my cabin?
- How does automatic billing work?
- What is a Sixthman Username, and how do I create one?
- How do I let someone add me to their reservation?
- How does travel insurance work?
- What is the Independent Traveler Program?
What is the Alabama Festival at Sea?
It’s the 40th anniversary of Alabama’s first show at the Bowery in Myrtle Beach, and we’re celebrating this milestone in style!
Alabama is partnering with Sixthman, the industry leader in theme cruises, to bring you 4 days & nights full of music, adventure, relaxation, new friendships and amazing moments on board the inaugural sailing of the Alabama & Friends Festival at Sea!
We’re sailing October 24 – 28, 2013 aboard the beautiful Norwegian Pearl, from Miami to Nassau & Great Stirrup Cay, our own private island in the Bahamas. Alabama will be your host, and they’re bringing more than a dozen musical friends to celebrate with them, treating you to amazing shows and activities throughout the 4 days! You'll also get a chance to participate in quirky theme nights and one-of-a-kind artist collaborations that just don’t exist on land. We’ll even have our own private beach party on Great Stirrup Cay, complete with even more music, in addition to all the fabulous amenities that come along with sailing aboard the Norwegian Pearl - outfitted with multiple stages, a pool, hot tubs, bars, award-wining spa, specialty restaurants, 24-hour room service and a full–service casino.
Forty years of legendary country music deserves a legendary celebration! Join Alabama, along with many of their friends and favorite artists, for a vacation you’ll be talking about for the next 40 years!
What does the price of Alabama Festival at Sea include?
In addition to admission to all cruise concerts, the price of your room also includes:
- Round trip cruise from Port of Miami to Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay
- Meals (there's gourmet fare in the formal dining rooms, casual indoor and outdoor grills open for meals throughout the day and 24-hour room service).
- Non-carbonated beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee).
- Free entrance to hot spots like the ship's disco and casino.
- Use of the ship's beautiful pools and giant waterslide (all with plenty of deck space to enjoy a cocktail and some great music).
- Use of the Norwegian Pearl's health and fitness center.
- Norwegian Splash Academy and Entourage facilities and activities if you're bringing children.
- Taxes, port charges and ticketing are added at check-out and pre-paid by you ($200.00 per person).
Not included are:
- Gratuities ($12.00 per person, per day will be charged to your onboard spending account).
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Soft drinks & bottled water. (However, cards are available for a low price which get you unlimited soft drinks throughout the cruise.)
- Any meals, events or tours in the Port.
- Ground transportation.
- Travel insurance (available through Sixthman).
Are there discounts for children?
On Alabama & Friends Fesival at Sea, kids sail for only taxes and fees! We want you to vacation with the whole family, and not only have the opportunity to enjoy live music yourselves, but the chance for your child(ren) to discover new music and share in this special experience.
If you’re saying to yourself, “Yeah, but bringing the kids isn’t exactly my idea of a vacation,” then hear us out. Norwegian Cruise Lines' youth programs offer several environments where you can be certain your kids are having fun in a safe and supervised area. With a pool, a video arcade, interactive workshops, and sports facilities, your kids will have plenty to do while you enjoy adult time.
Free childcare? Check. Free food? Check.
• This promotions applies to kids 14 years old or younger, sailing as 3rd, 4th, or 5th guests.
• Please be aware that the only cabins that hold 5 guests are penthouse suites.
• Taxes and fees of $200 per person still apply.
• More information about Norwegian’s family cruising can be found here.
• An FAQ about Norwegian’s family cruising can be found here.
How do I make a reservation?
Placing a reservation is easy! You can book a cabin online at alabamafestivalatsea.com/booknow, or over the phone by calling 877-379-9180.
PLEASE NOTE! Lead Passengers, if you or your guest(s) needs a Sixthman Username you can create one while booking. If you and your guest have Sixthman Usernames, have your guest add you as an Approved Lead Passenger in their account. You'll then see your guest in Your Authorized Guests list and you'll be able to add them as a guest in your cabin while booking!
Anyone who has traveled with Sixthman previously or signed up for the Alabama Festival at Sea Pre-Sale has a username and will not need to create one. If you don't know your login credentials, you can recover them here.
What information will I need to book my cabin?
Cabin Selection: During booking you will select your desired cabin category and occupancy, so check out the pricing page. You will select your exact room assignment, so also check out the Norwegian Pearl’s deck plans on that page.
Sixthman Usernames: You'll need to login with (or create) a Sixthman Username to book. If you've traveled with Sixthman previously or signed up for the Alabama Festival at Sea Pre-Sale you have a username. Recover forgotten login credentials here, or contact us or try our live chat for immediate assistance. If you or a guest needs a Sixthman Username you can create one while booking.
Guest Permissions: If you were a Lead Passenger on a prior event and are sailing with the same guests, your guests will be in a dropdown list for you to add to your cabin. If you're sailing with someone who has a Sixthman Username but has NOT sailed with your previously, have your guests login to their Sixthman profile and add your username to their 'Approved Lead Passengers' list in the 'Guest Permissions' section. They'll then be on the dropdown list for you while booking.Naming Guests: You can add your guests later but fees may apply. See "Can I make changes to my reservation?" here for more details. You are obligated for the full cruise fare of the occupancy level you select during the reservation process even if you do not add guests to fill your entire cabin. If you wish to add guests beyond the capacity of the occupancy level you select during the reservation process you may do so based on availability for the additional cruise fare associated with the transaction.
Multiple Credit Card Payments: If you are paying with multiple credit cards, you will need all of the credit card numbers (with expiration date and card verification number) as well as the name and billing addresses for each card.
How does automatic billing work?
Enroll in automatic billing, and relax knowing that your future payments will be made automatically. When you book, we'll calculate an even monthly payment plan and you'll choose the day of the month you want your payments to be processed. It's that easy! Be sure to read the Automatic Billing FAQs for the answers to all your questions.
What is a Sixthman Username, and how do I create one?
Each guest needs a Sixthman Username to create, manage, or be added to a reservation. Click here to create your Sixthman Username. Your username should be something that is easy for you to remember such as your name or nickname.
If you have traveled with Sixthman previously or signed up for the Alabama Festival at Sea Pre-Sale, you have a username and will not need to create one. If you don't know your username, you can recover it here. You can also contact us and we will be happy to look it up for you (try our live chat feature or contact us).
Use your Sixthman Username to login throughout the year to update your personal information, make payments, add guests, or make changes to your reservation. To manage your reservation, sign in using your Sixthman Username here.
How do I let someone add me to their reservation?
To let someone add you to their reservation, you'll need to have a Sixthman Username and add your lead passenger to Your Approved Lead Passengers list. Create a Sixthman profile here, or login to your existing profile. Then, in the Guest Permissions section, click the "Add New Lead Passenger" button and enter your lead passenger's username. Once you save it, they'll appear in Your Approved Lead Passengers list. You're all set, the lead passenger can now add you as a guest in their cabin!
How does travel insurance work?
Sixthman offers you a leading travel insurance plan through our partnership with Travel Insured International. Travel Insured specializes in providing quality coverage and superior customer care and claim service to our Sixthman guests. When you add our plan to your trip, you protect yourself from your policy's effective date through your return home. Your prepaid trip costs are protected against Trip Cancellation or Interruption due to an unforeseen accident or illness to you, your traveling companion or a family member. You also receive Emergency Medical Protection, Baggage Protection, Travel Accident Protection and Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance available 24/7 during your trip.
Remember that sometimes unwelcome events occur to disrupt great trips:
- You are protected, up to full trip cost, if bad weather causes your common carrier to cease operating for 24 hours or more.
- Illness or injury to you or a traveling companion or immediate family member causing you to cancel or interrupt your trip.
- Missed Connection coverage can pay your expenses (up to $500) to rejoin the cruise or tour when you miss the departure due to a three-hour or more flight delay.
- Emergency Medical Expense covers you if you need treatment in a foreign hospital for a sudden illness or accident. We guarantee your admission!
- Trip Cancellation can cover terrorist events, a job layoff (if employed for 1 or more year) or jury duty.*
- Assistance will be there if you lose medications or a passport, or need help canceling lost credit cards.
This coverage must be purchased before your final payment due date. Coverage for all benefits except trip cancellation will begin on the departure date. The trip cancellation benefit will begin at 12:01 AM on the day after Travel Insured receives your application. For pre-existing conditions to be covered you need to purchase Insurance within 21 days of your deposit (other restrictions apply).
Travel Insured also offers Cancel For Any Reason 50% Protection. The Cancel for Any Reason option is only available when specifically requested on the original application and the appropriate premium has been paid. The Cancel For Any Reason benefit must be purchased within 21 days of your initial trip deposit. This benefit allows the insured to receive a refund of up to 50% of covered trip costs on reservations cancelled up to 48 hours prior to departure for any reason outside of the covered circumstances.
This is a summary only containing highlights of the plan. Download an Insurance PDF for complete terms, conditions and exclusions that apply. Please Note: Residents of Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Texas and Washington have separate Certificates of Insurance in compliance with state requirements.
We know you might have questions about what is and is not covered so we encourage you to read the Insurance PDF or call Travel Insured at 1-866-684-0218 and specify you are calling about Sixthman Travel Protection.
What is the Independent Traveler Program?
If you are planning on joining us for Alabama Festival at Sea, but you haven't been able to find someone to go with you, don't worry - this is the program for you!
The Independent Traveler Program (ITP) allows you to book a cabin and only be responsible for your half of the cabin (plus the standard taxes and fees of $200.00). However, by signing up for the ITP, you agree to be paired with another guest who is also participating in the ITP. Full details can be found here.
Interested? Have questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-379-9180 for this unique opportunity!