- What is the Alabama Festival at Sea?
- What does the price of Alabama Festival at Sea include?
- Are there discounts for children?
- Will the artists be onboard the whole time?
- When should I plan to arrive and depart from Miami?
- Are there any cruise discounts available?
- How can I learn more about the Norwegian Pearl?
- What is the cruise itinerary?
- Can I attend if I am pregnant or just had a baby?
- How does admission work?
What is the Alabama Festival at Sea?
It’s the 40th anniversary of Alabama’s first show at the Bowery in Myrtle Beach, and we’re celebrating this milestone in style!
Alabama is partnering with Sixthman, the industry leader in theme cruises, to bring you 4 days & nights full of music, adventure, relaxation, new friendships and amazing moments on board the inaugural sailing of the Alabama & Friends Festival at Sea!
We’re sailing October 24 – 28, 2013 aboard the beautiful Norwegian Pearl, from Miami to Nassau & Great Stirrup Cay, our own private island in the Bahamas. Alabama will be your host, and they’re bringing more than a dozen musical friends to celebrate with them, treating you to amazing shows and activities throughout the 4 days! You'll also get a chance to participate in quirky theme nights and one-of-a-kind artist collaborations that just don’t exist on land. We’ll even have our own private beach party on Great Stirrup Cay, complete with even more music, in addition to all the fabulous amenities that come along with sailing aboard the Norwegian Pearl - outfitted with multiple stages, a pool, hot tubs, bars, award-wining spa, specialty restaurants, 24-hour room service and a full–service casino.
Forty years of legendary country music deserves a legendary celebration! Join Alabama, along with many of their friends and favorite artists, for a vacation you’ll be talking about for the next 40 years!
What does the price of Alabama Festival at Sea include?
In addition to admission to all cruise concerts, the price of your room also includes:
- Round trip cruise from Port of Miami to Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay
- Meals (there's gourmet fare in the formal dining rooms, casual indoor and outdoor grills open for meals throughout the day and 24-hour room service).
- Non-carbonated beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee).
- Free entrance to hot spots like the ship's disco and casino.
- Use of the ship's beautiful pools and giant waterslide (all with plenty of deck space to enjoy a cocktail and some great music).
- Use of the Norwegian Pearl's health and fitness center.
- Norwegian Splash Academy and Entourage facilities and activities if you're bringing children.
- Taxes, port charges and ticketing are added at check-out and pre-paid by you ($200.00 per person).
Not included are:
- Gratuities ($12.00 per person, per day will be charged to your onboard spending account).
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Soft drinks & bottled water. (However, cards are available for a low price which get you unlimited soft drinks throughout the cruise.)
- Any meals, events or tours in the Port.
- Ground transportation.
- Travel insurance (available through Sixthman).
Are there discounts for children?
On Alabama & Friends Fesival at Sea, kids sail FREE! We want you to vacation with the whole family, and not only have the opportunity to enjoy live music yourselves, but the chance for your child(ren) to discover new music and share in this special experience.
If you’re saying to yourself, “Yeah, but bringing the kids isn’t exactly my idea of a vacation,” then hear us out. Norwegian Cruise Lines' youth programs offer several environments where you can be certain your kids are having fun in a safe and supervised area. With a pool, a video arcade, interactive workshops, and sports facilities, your kids will have plenty to do while you enjoy adult time.
Free childcare? Check. Free food? Check. Free music vacation (for the kids)? Check!
• This promotions applies to kids 14 years old or younger, sailing as 3rd, 4th, or 5th guests.
• Please be aware that the only cabins that hold 5 guests are penthouse suites.
• Taxes and fees of $200 per person still apply.
• More information about Norwegian’s family cruising can be found here.
• An FAQ about Norwegian’s family cruising can be found here.
Will the artists be onboard the whole time?
Our artists are excited to join you on board for the whole event. However, there may be some cases where they must join us during the trip or depart early due to schedule or family commitments.
When should I plan to arrive and depart from Miami?
When booking flights we recommend that you arrive in Miami no later than 12:00 PM, or in Ft. Lauderdale no later than 11:00 AM on October 24th. Return flights should be arranged to leave Miami after 12:00 PM on October 28th, or leave Ft. Lauderdale after 1:00 PM.
Are there any cruise discounts available?
Paid In Full Discount: Reservations made through April 12, 2013 that are paid in full within 72 hours of booking will receive a 5% discount off cabin fare. The Paid In Full Discount will only apply if the entire cabin is paid for and is not available on a per person basis.
Youth Discount: A discount of $99 is available to children age 14 years and under.
Military Discount: A discount of 5% off cabin fare is granted to any active-duty military personnel (fax us a copy of your Military ID).
No combining of non-age related discounts is allowed.
Single Occupancy discount of $199. (See "What if I Want to Book a Single Occupancy Cabin" here for details.)
How can I learn more about the Norwegian Pearl?
You will notice in addition to a great Casino, Spa, Pool & Hot Tubs - this ship includes:
- 4-lane Bowling alley (*$5 per person/game)
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Fitness Center
- Full-size Basketball / Volleyball / Tennis court
- Specialty restaurants (*nominal cover charges apply)
- Video Arcade
- Nintendo Wii on 2-story screen
There are several other great internet sites with information about the Norwegian Pearl:
What is the cruise itinerary?
Subject to change, the cruise itinerary is:
- Thursday, October 24, 2013 - Depart Miami, FL (approx 4:00 PM ET)
- Friday, October 25 - Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday, October 26 - Day at Sea
- Sunday, October 27 - Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Monday, October 28 - Arrive Miami, FL (approx 8:00 AM ET)
Can I attend if I am pregnant or just had a baby?
Norwegian will make every effort to accommodate you, providing you have not entered the 24th week of pregnancy when the cruise ends. Please include your cruise details in an email to the Access Desk or firstname.lastname@example.org with a medical certificate establishing your due date prior to the cruise.
Infants under six months of age are not eligible for travel on Norwegian ships.
How does admission work?
Alabama will play two general admission shows on the Pool Deck, which everyone will get to attend.
The rest of Alabama Festival at Sea is run “festival style,” with multiple shows going on simultaneously. All of these shows are general admission, so you’re welcome to come and go as you wish! There are performances where capacity is limited, however the artists perform multiple times during the cruise.